The #FractalSafari is a big tea competition open to everybody. There will be 10 winners who will receive our Christmas release PuErh Tea cake. One of these winners will be selected as our Grand Prize winner who will additionally receive every single Tea Cake release by Mei Leaf in 2021. This is a prize worth nearly £1000.
- There are 5 coloured Fractals to collect.
- To collect them you will first have to find Location Clues on our social media.
- Location Clues will be released anytime between 21st October and the 18th December. These clues will be hidden in posts on YouTube videos, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. They will all have the #FractalSafari for easy searching but not all posts with #FractalSafari will necessarily contain Location Clues.
- Once you think that you have found a Location Clue please enter it on the Fractal Safari page.
- If you enter a correct Location Clue then you will be presented with a Fractal Question to answer.
- Use the provided Google Map link to open Google Maps in the right part of the world - YOU MUST USE GOOGLE MAPS TO FIND THE ANSWERS!
- Answers will be found using Streetview on Google maps. This is the little orange man in the bottom right-hand corner of Google maps. By dragging and dropping him onto Google maps you can enter the Streetview to find the answers to the questions.
- Decide where you want to go and then drop the orange man onto that place. Please use the OFFICIAL Streetview if possible (these are the blue lines on the map). If there is no official Streetview in the particular place where you are going then you can drop the man on the blue circles (other user's pictures).
- Once you have found the answer to the Fractal Question then enter it on the Fractal Safari page.
- If you are correct then you will be awarded a Fractal and a reward. If you are wrong then you will be prompted to try another answer.
- Repeat these steps until you have collected all 5 Fractals.
- To complete the Fractal Safari you must answer one Final Fractal Question. This will be released exactly at 3pm UTC on Saturday 19th December.
- The first 10 people to correctly answer the Final Fractal Question AND have all of the other 5 Fractals will win our Christmas release PuErh Tea cake. Additionally, they will be entered into a prize draw to randomly select our Grand Prize Winner who will win every single Mei Leaf Tea cake release of 2021.
- None of the questions require tea or cultural knowledge.
- Figuring out where to go on Google Maps will require some online searching and visiting some of our YouTube videos.
- Read the Fractal Questions very carefully as every word is chosen very carefully.
- Always use the official Google Streetview if possible. We are not asking you to jump into a hundred different user pictures to find answers. If there is no official Streetview available then the answers are in user images (the blue circles as opposed to the blue lines) but there will not be many to explore.
- Please do not ask for hints. We want to make this competition fair for everyone and will not be giving out any extra assistance.
- All answers are in English.