This is a delicious spin on the Hot Toddy which will warm you up during the winter months and add a little festive cheer to your evening.
The alcohol is, of course, optional!
- Chrysanthemum Flowers
- Root Ginger
- Elderflower Cordial (optional)
- Honey (or sweetener of your choice)
- Lime or Lemon
- Bourbon or Whisky (nothing very fancy)
METHOD (makes 500ml which is enough for 2)
- Slice 3 big slices of Ginger about 5mm thick and crush in a jug. Alternatively you can grate a thumb sized amount of Ginger.
- Add 30ml of Elderflower Cordial (if you do not have cordial then use more Lime/Lemon).
- Add a couple of cloves.
- Squeeze in a quarter of a lime or lemon thoroughly including oils from the zests.
- Add 1 Tbsp of Honey or Sweetener of choice.
- Add a couple of shots of Bourbon or Whisky (optional).
- Brew up some Chrysanthemum Flowers (2g per 500ml boiling water for 2 minutes).
- Pour Chrysanthemum Tisane over the other ingredients. Mix and taste. Add sweetener or citrus to taste.
- Strain into serving glasses.