Pro-level Gong Fu Tea tray exclusively designed by Mei Leaf and follow up to our iconic Gong Fu Guru. This Gong Fu Set is the absolute pinnacle way to brew and expresses the passion and intention of Gong Fu tea – a way of life, a promise to yourself, a Gong Fu Code.
This tray has an optional extender called the Gong Fu Code Satellite which can expand your sessions to celebratory level and be used as a smaller, lighter stand-alone brewing tray for solo or sessions with a few people.
Following up from the Gong Fu Guru was not easy as it already ticked all the boxes for pro-level brewing. We wanted to upgrade the aesthetics and functionality and we are proud to announce the Gong Fu Code which has the following features:
WATERPROOFED BAMBOO TRAY – Streamlined to be slightly lower profile than the Guru and the perfect centrepiece dimensions. The Mei Leaf logo is engraved on the front and the decoded water catcher message from the water catcher is engraved to face the brewer.
PRECISION STAINLESS STEEL WATER CATCHER – Laser cut with our exclusive Code design and electroplated in rose gold for a shimmering session.
ABS PROTECTOR – To maintain the long life of your Gong Fu Code and reduce tea staining of the wood we have included a fitted ABS tray to hold the water and tea in Mei Leaf Blue.
INFUSION COUNTER FROG – A teapet with added functionality! Not only is this a delightful companion to your tea session which changes colour when offered tea but it has been designed in conjunction with the laser-cut water catcher to act as an infusion counter – hop the frog from hole to hole to count through your infusions.
FINE MESH TEA STRAINER – Designed to install itself in the water catcher so that it is always on hand and not in the way for your brewing. The strainer also acts as a warning device if your tray begins to fill up because you will see the tea rising below the bottom of the strainer long before the tray is filled to the brim allowing easy pick up and pour off – no more precarious walks to the kitchen sink with a tray bulging full of tea!
GONG FU TEA TOWEL – An essential item to wipe up spills and keep your session supreme. We have included one of our exclusively designed Gaiwan Styles towels (please note that this will be the brown towel not the blue one).
USING THE SATELLITE AS AN EXTENDER:
The Satellite has been designed to work as an extender for the Gong Fu Code making expansive tea sessions. This is perfect for large group sessions or when you are planning to taste multiple teas together in ‘double-drop’ sessions.
The Satellite design matches perfectly with the Gong Fu Code with two individual coded messages cut into the water catchers. The lower profile of the satellite allows you to create a two-tiered tea session either beside each other or in front of each other. The Satellite fits snugly into the Gong Fu Code for easy storage.
We advise a couple of ways to use the Satellite as an extender but feel free to play yourselves.
1. Place the Satellite next to the Gong Fu Code for brewing different teas or keeping half-infused pots and gaiwans ready for action. You can use the Frog infusion counters on both trays to keep track of the number of infusions of a couple of teas easily.
2. Use the Satellite in front of the Gong Fu Code as a serving station. Ask your guests to place their cups on the satellite if they would like more tea - no more reaching across tables to serve tea!
IMPORTANT CARE INSTRUCTIONS AND NOTES TO READ BEFORE PURCHASE
We hope that this product gives you many years of exemplary tea sessions. Please follow these instructions to keep your GONG FU CODE and SATELLITE in excellent condition.
1. After every session please clean and dry tray, ABS and water catcher. Use mild detergents and SOFT cloths. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO NOT USE ANY ABRASIVE CLEANERS OR CLOTHS OR DISHWASHERS as this will damage the metal water catcher coating irreparably and may remove some of the bamboo waterproofing.
2. To remove tea stains from the metal water catcher please use a gentle stain remover. We like using citric acid and baking soda but you may get good results with vinegar and baking soda – soak, rinse and wipe dry.
3. Do not pick the tray up by pinching the sides. Instead, use the finger grooves or hold the base of the tray.
This is an individually made product with much made by hand and it is normal for there to be aesthetic differences and small marks and blemishes on the box and water catchers. We will not accept returns on very small aesthetic marks that do not affect functionality. While the bamboo box has been waterproofed, it is impossible to expect 100% water tightness with bamboo. It is normal for tea to stain the bamboo and this must be expected but you can reduce stains by cleaning your Gong Fu Code and Satellite immediately after your tea session. We have included an ABS insert to give double protection against any leaking and staining.